Are refills available for the spice mills?
Yes, there is. There are refill cans available.
What is Alpine salt?
Our salt comes from Switzerland and is mined in the salt works of Bex, in the Vaud Alps. Therefore we may call it alpine salt.
What's Alpine chili?
In the case of our Alpine chili, I am talking about cayenne pepper, which is grown in organic quality in the Swiss Alps by our partner mountain farmers and gently processed shortly after harvesting.
Are people with celiac disease allowed to eat tagliatelline?
People with celiac disease (gluten intolerance) must avoid all cereals such as wheat, spelt, rye and barley to prevent damage to the intestinal mucosa and its consequences.
Why is sea salt and not Swiss salt used for the spice mills?
Only fine-grained salt can be mined in the Swiss salt works - with the exception of a very small quantity of so-called sel à l'ancienne. For the grinder to function properly, it needs coarse-grained salt: sea salt.
Do Alta Terra products contain allergens, if so which ones?
Our high-quality natural products are 100% natural. As a matter of principle, they contain neither additives such as anti-caking agents nor starch, crystal sugar, glutamate or yeast extracts.
Except as noted in the list of ingredients, our products do not contain any:
- Cereals containing gluten and products made from them
- Crustaceans and products thereof
- Eggs and egg products
- Fish and fish products
- Peanuts and peanut products
- Soya and soya products
- Milk and milk products (including lactose)
- Nuts and products thereof
- Celery and celery products
- Mustard and mustard products
- Sesame seeds and sesame seed products
- Sulphur dioxides and sulphites
- Lupine and lupine products
- Molluscs and mollusc products